Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August Fun: Community Mosaic Mural

I completed the "H" and began the "O"
Willard Middle School Mural





















If you can spare a few hours on any of the remaining weekends in August, and don't mind wearing old clothes and getting a little dusty, then the Willard Middle School Community Mosaic in Berkeley would welcome you.

Not only will you be helping out, but you also get the chance to practice your tiling and mosaic skills. Rachel Rodi is heading up the effort, and the team is doing a fabulous job. When I was there this past Sunday, there was a large crew of parents, teachers, friends and students (boy, had I forgotten what young teen chatter was like. Somehow I doubt that it has changed much over the past forty-plus years) just working away.

And if your backside gets tired from sitting on an overturned bucket, it's OK to wander off for a cup of coffee or a snack.

To sign-up, click here.

Willard Middle School
2425 Stuart Street
Berkeley

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work! It`s really inspiring to see this kind of work. My friend tries himself at handmade mosaic tiles as well and in my opinion he`s doing great. I would love you to check his works.

Jill said...

Thanks for the kind words. I was just one of the many helpers for this project. The mural is now complete, and looks fabulous.

I will certainly check out your friend's work.