Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Do It Yourself? Maybe...


Lesson Learned (again, maybe):

If you don't really like sprouts, growing them at home won't make them taste any better. Yeah, yeah, they might be healthier, because you are have better quality seeds, etc., but isn't that the problem? For me, they already taste too "healthy".

These were kale sprouts, and they only took four days of changing the water just twice a day, so really not a lot of work. But, well, at a certain point on day three, I though something had gone "off" in the kitchen garbage can. Only to lean in closer and realize that it was the sprouts. I guess it's true that growing up is a messy and stinky business.

I may try growing some arugula micro-greens since I really love arugula and have a small mountain of seeds. Also, the little buggers always seem to bolt before I get to enjoy them as salad.

2 comments:

IJK said...

Hi Jill! How come the bulk of your posts are at 2:30 a.m.?

Jill said...

Why hello!

Interesting. I do it at 2:30 am, Pacific Coast time, by setting it up in advance and having the web fairies drop it into mailboxes all around the world while we (many of us, at least) are sleeping. But in your mailbox, I would have guessed that it would note the arrival time in your local time zone. Other incoming mail works that way for me.

I guess those web fairies are pretty tricky sometimes.