Sunday, March 31, 2019

One Person's Trash

So what do you do when one of your neighbors leaves a giant styrofoam container next to ('cause it's too big to fit into) the garbage can? And you have half a bag of Portland cement kicking around in the garage?


Yes, I know. Any thinking person would walk on by and stick that half bag of cement into the garbage can (not too big to fit) and then wash her hands. But no. I had to buy a bag of sand and raid the coconut coir/peat moss stash to make a hypertufa container.

My only excuse - well actually, I have two excuses - is that I already had that bit of glass mosaic ready for something, but I didn't have a "something". And somehow I acquired a few too many bee-friendly plants and so, something is becoming a home for Agastache 'Black Adder'.

I certainly hope those bees, butterfly and hummingbirds appreciate my foolishness!

No comments: