Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shameless Plug #3: Kathy Kenny





If you want to find me on a Tuesday morning (and not many people usually do,  but that's OK, I can handle it), go over to  Mountain View Cemetery and most often I'll be walking with my friend, Kathy Kenny.

Kathy does other stuff too.  Like make wonderful jewelry out of her very own handmade glass beads, along with vintage beads, buttons and other cool findings.  On-line, her work can be seen on Etsy.

But if you happen to be around here this Friday (that's the 6th), you can see her work in person.  She will be participating in this month's Oakland Art Murmur, a most amazing "art walk" which takes place every first Friday night of each month of the year.  Kathy will be showing her work at Uptown Body and Fender, 401 26th St..

I'm planning on going, and even considering going on my bicycle (don't tell my husband; he'll just laugh and roll his eyes. Most juvenile and rude.).   It gets busy there and parking can be tight, so plan ahead - wear your helmet, or consider public transit.  Just don't do both.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the plug last month, Jill. I had such a good time, I've re-upped. On August 3rd, I'll be at Uptown Auto Body and Fender (26th St between Telegraph and Broadway).

Jill said...

And we hope to see you on Friday the 3rd at the Art Murmur.