I took a trip back east to visit my family in September, and brought along with me - in a carry-on bag, mind you - this little Deppea splendens plant from Annie's Annuals. An extremely rare and sought after specimen, it is now believed to be extinct in the wild. So very sad.I gave the little guy to my mom, whose thumb is so green she could probably make a broom stick sprout. Even the metal kind. She also needs another plant even less than I do. But she was happy, and certainly was able to make the little plant happy - it's already bloomed in its original 4" pot. Imagine what it will do once it gets repotted into something bigger.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Dr. Janet E. Hawkes |

2 comments:
The plant is now in a larger pot with soil it likes and has 8 new leaves that are nice and healthy looking. The flowers are pretty well past and since it is gloomy in the Northeast at this time of the year, I don't expect more until March or so. However, it is always fun to see a little baby thrive, especially a gift little baby. Thanks. Love, Mom
Thanks, Mom. Glad you enjoy it!
Post a Comment